Berkley Education Foundation Mini-Grant Program
The Berkley Education Foundation offers Mini-Grants to any staff member in the Berkley School District, Building Blocks through BHS. These grants are offered in the Fall and Spring.
The BEF funds innovative project requests, special materials to enhance lessons, field trips to new places, and educational technology. Mini-Grants are for more than basic classroom supplies. They are an opportunity for staff members to be creative, push the envelope and expand learning for students. Grants are awarded via committee to as many applicants as possible. In 2016-17, the BEF awarded just over $12,000 in grants.
See the list to the right with the staff who were awarded a Mini-Grants for Fall 2017.
Berkley Education Foundation Mini-Grant Program:
spring 2018 Mini-Grants
The Berkley Education Foundation is offering mini-grants to any staff member in the Berkley School District, Building Blocks through BHS. These second-chance grants allow for funding of ideas that may have generated after teaching began and after exploring the year with students.
Think BIG. The BEF wants to fund innovative project requests, special materials to enhance lessons, field trips to new places, and educational technology. Mini-grants are for more than basic classroom supplies. They are an opportunity for you to be creative, push the envelope and expand learning for your students. Grants will be capped at $500, and will be awarded via committee to as many applicants as possible with the maximum total of $4,000. The BEF is happy to work with other support organizations like PTA to co-fund any requests exceeding the $500 limit.
Fill out this online Mini-Grant application today!
- To bring innovative materials, resources and activities into the classroom that are not available through the school budget.
- To enhance the educational experience for students in and outside of the classroom
- Deadline for submitting grant applications: 3/29/2018
- Mini-Grants Awarded: 4/16/2018
- Submit applications by Thursday, March 29, 2018. Please indicate if your grant needs approval by the District’s Technology Department.
- All grant applications will be reviewed by a BEF committee.
- Mini-grant recipients will be notified by Monday, April 16, 2018.
Applications should be completed using the following guidelines
- Clear and concise description of materials/activity/technology requested. Technology and trip requests should also include a project description including connection to the curriculum (e.g. iPad for extra reading station).
- Clearly stated desired outcomes, including connections to curriculum
- Timeline for mini-grant implementation
- Detailed budget request
- Approximate number of students who will benefit from mini-grant
Mini-Grant Request May Not Include
- Compensation of experts who come to work with students (e.g. Music Therapy, Reading Interventionist)
- Substitute teacher pay
- Basic classroom supplies
After receiving mini-grant funding, teachers may be required to complete a final evaluation of the mini-grant process, and give detailed explanation of how the materials were used as well as if the desired outcomes were achieved.
Dollars for the District Giving Program
DOLLARS FOR THE DISTRICT
The Berkley Education Foundation was formed in 2000 to serve as the fundraising arm of the district. Past support has allowed us to provide enhanced opportunities to improve the student experience across the district and to supplement educator programs, technology, and enrichment activities, including a teaching iPad® in every classroom and annual teacher grants.
We raise funds throughout the year with proceeds from honorariums, employee payroll contributions, our signature event “Off to the Races,” and more. However, the biggest part of our funding comes directly from you, our generous stakeholders, and we hope you’ll consider giving to the Berkley Education Foundation.
Whether a gift within your means is $25, $2,500 or somewhere in between, please be assured that your tax-deductible donation will go directly back into the classrooms.
To make a donation:
- Write a check to the Berkley Education Foundation. Mail it to BEF, 14700 W. Lincoln, Oak Park, MI 48237
- Use your credit card – visit the BEF's donation page to make a one-time donation or set up a monthly deduction/withdrawal.
Your gift to the Berkley Education Foundation is 100% tax deductible to the extent of the law.
Commemorative Brick Pavers
Bricks are available in two sizes with all proceeds going to the Berkley Education Foundation. The purpose of the BEF is to help maintain and enhance educational opportunities and programs for Berkley students.
A 4” x 8” brick has 3 lines with 14 characters in each line. The cost is $60.00.
An 8” x 8” brick has 6 lines with 14 characters in each line. The cost is $120.00.
If you wish to order a commemorative brick paver, they can be purchased online by completing the form below or click print and you can complete the form and mail it in.
Grocery Shopping Program
IT'S AS EASY AS 1. . . 2. . .3!
The Berkley Education Foundation has formed a partnership with Kroger where customers can generate proceeds from their grocery purchases to benefit the mission of the Foundation. . .to enhance the educational opportunties for all students in the Berkley School District.
Join the Kroger Community Rewards Program to benefit the BEF. Simply register your Kroger Plus Card online and select "Berkley School District Education Foundation" as the non-profit organization to receive proceeds from your grocery purchases. Each time your Kroger Plus Card is scanned at check-out, the Foundation will receive proceeds from Kroger Corporation for your grocery purchase. This is a quick, easy way to support Berkley students in and out of the classroom.
Congratulations to the BEF Mini-Grant Recipients for both Fall 2017!
Berkley Building Blocks
Angell Elementary School
Burton Elementary School
Pattengill Elementary School
Ruth Hurwitz & Nancy Heinzmann
Sarah Krupansky & Tracy Niyo
Rogers Elementary School
Norup International School
Anderson Middle School
Berkley High School